Build Your Business on a Proven and Dynamic Open Source Platform
You have decided to build a social software application, an online community, or a social media company. There are literally hundreds of platforms and vendors. The choices can be overwhelming. What platform do you choose?
Think of Drupal as a toolkit that is a rapid application environment, a social media platform, and a publishing solution - all in one. It is an excellent choice for managing dynamic sites and content for the following reasons:
- Leading Platform: Drupal is a Top 3 market leader in the open source content management space; (ref. Water & Stone's 2010 Open Source CMS Market Share Survey)
- Great track record: Large organizations like Warner Bros. Records, Fast Company, Popular Science, SonyBMG, and Forbes are using it (See some of the who is using Drupal);
- Very flexible: Drupal is extremely useful for a wide variety of types of sites and platforms. It can be extended with hundreds of modules, most available for free, or customized for your own needs. Drupal has been used to build rich content applications, ecommerce sites, social software, collaboration tools, and even back office and fulfillment systems;
- Top-notch support: Drupal also has great support, especially for business customers. Drupal is backed a large commercial ecosystem, including 24x7x365 support from Drupal Networks and Acquia, a large and growing number of systems integrators, as well as community support provided by thousands of Open-Source developers;
- Open Source: By deploying Drupal, you become a member of one of the largest and most active and passionate Open Source communities - a community that can dramatically reduce the cost of maintaining your Drupal site if you share what you create back to the community.